Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sewphoto/www/www/blog/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-flickr-manager/FlickrManager.php on line 335
My husband and I are big fans of the Golden Grahams Treats. The problem is that one box of 6 bars is expensive, so they are a special treat when we do get them. In true honey badger fashion, I wanted to find a recipe that was similar to those expensive yummy morsels that could be made at home for a fraction of the price. I looked around and couldn’t find anything that was quite what I was looking for. I ended up finding Golden Grahams S’More’s Bars on Yummly that was somewhat along the lines of what I was looking for – so I adapted their recipe a little to my liking. I do have to say that these bars are beyond addicting and are super easy to make. If you can handle making Rice Krispie Treats, you can make these with no problem!
5 tablespoons butter
10.5 ounce bag of mini marshmallow (approximately 6 cups)
12 ounce box of Golden Grahams cereal (approximately 6 1/2 cups)
12 ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips (approximately 1 3/4 cups), frozen
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray 9×13 pan lightly with non-stick spray.
- Reserve 1 cup of marshmallows.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows. Stir constantly until marshmallows are melted.
- Add light corn syrup. Stir until combined. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add cereal to marshmallow mixture and mix until cereal is coated.
- Add reserved cup of marshmallows and chocolate chips. Stir briefly until mixed well. You do not want the marshmallows or chocolate chips to melt!
- Pour cereal, marshmallow and chocolate chip mixture into pan and let set until cooled and firm.
- Store at room temperature.